Gorkana Surveys is a one stop shop for asking questions and getting immediate answers from consumers / customers and the general public
Whoever you need to speak to, young or old, male or female or wherever they may live, Gorkana Surveys can get immediate feedback for you and we collect quantitative feedback, based on anything between 50 and 3,000 of participants.
Gorkana Surveys combines an easy to use survey design wizard linked to millions of potential participants and an online reporting tool.
1. What is the difference between Gorkana Surveys and a service like Yahoo Answers?
Gorkana Surveys asks 100’s of people to answer questions. This contrasts with services like Yahoo Answers where often only one or two people may give an answer to a specific question.
The type of questions that can be asked are also different. Gorkana Surveys’ questions are structured where a list of answer options are presented to potential participants (e.g. Which of these contestants do you think will win the X Factor? / Would you recommend your mobile phone to friends / family?).
Using a service like Yahoo Answers, the questions are not structured (e.g. Why is the sky blue?) and there is no pre-defined list of answers.
2. Is Gorkana Surveys a hosted solution?
Yes, we are a completely hosted survey solution and there is no need to install any software on your computer at all. Just register and start asking questions!
3.Are there any system requirements?
Because Gorkana Surveys is a completely web-based survey application the only requirement is a browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari or IE.
4. Do I need any IT or survey programming skills?
No, we have designed Gorkana Surveys to be easy to use for everybody. All you need is a curious mind and a question to ask.
5.How do I ask a question?
Once you’ve decided what questions you want to ask you will be taken through our intuitive questionnaire wizard where you will need to decide the following:
1. the title of your survey
2. the wording of your question and their potential answers
3. who you would like to answer the question
4. when you want your questionnaire to be scheduled
5. confirmation screen – final check
6. What kinds of questions can Gorkana Surveys answer?
Almost anything! Already users have asked a wide range of questions, for instance:
• Should the UK have voted to leave the EU?
• Which of these supermarkets do you shop at most often?
• Which of the following is your main mobile phone?
• Using a scale of between 1-10, how strongly would you recommend your mobile phone to your friends and family?
• Which of these mobile phones would you consider if you were to change your mobile phone tomorrow?
• Have you made any New Year Resolutions?
• Did you watch Coronation Street last night?
• Which of the following advertisements do you remember seeing during Coronation Street’s ad break?
7. How are participants recruited for a survey?
Gorkana Surveys has established relationships with a number of local news sites / charity / information and member based sites. When visitors visit these sites, they are asked by that site to answer the questions.
Gorkana Surveys only interviews participants within their current digital footprint, we never ask them to deviate from their day to day online activity and we do not maintain a ‘panel’ of paid respondents.
8. Are participants anonymous?
Yes. Potential participants are invited at our partner sites. We do not hold any identifiable data on potential participants and are therefore not in a position to be able to disclose participant details.
9. What will the final survey look like?
The final survey will be branded in the same colours as the host site but without any logos. We’ve found that by keeping it simple this increases response rates to the questions as they become a trusted part of the host site.
10. What is your approach to interviewing participants?
In order to guarantee as many participants as possible we aim to be as unobtrusive as possible and we make it as easy for people to decline, as it is for them take part. We adhere to specific principles that ensure completion rates are consistently high:
· Surveys are limited to five questions long
· No survey is compulsory
· All surveys can be completed in approximately 40 seconds
11. Can people fill in my survey more than once?
Our software prevents the same participant completing your survey more than once and we quarantine all survey participants for a set period after seeing any one survey. This means that participants are always fresh and that their answers are more authentic and relevant.