Earned media and influencer marketing are perfectly positioned to tackle the challenges facing brands in 2017, speakers at this week’s Cision World Tour event in London agreed.
By combining the latest innovations in data-driven insights with earned media’s natural talent for storytelling, industry experts on the stage argued PR and comms is ready to dominate the marketing mix.
The London leg of the Cision World Tour brought together hundreds of top communications professionals at Soho’s Ham Yard Hotel to discuss the future of innovation in PR:
- Lynch and Akeroyd opened the event by explaining how brands are combining storytelling with data science. They showed that this is helping businesses uncover the right influencers, craft great content and link coverage with customer behaviour.
- A panel of industry personalities chaired by CIPR president Jason MacKenzie discussed how to establish a win-win relationship between brands and the media.
- During the session, Hart said clients were increasingly coming to Mischief with bigger PR spend available as support for influencer marketing continued to rise.
- Hart commented: “We have to loosen up a little bit and be willing to be more innovative and pushier and take our slice of the pie. Because what we do a brilliant job of is creating dialogue, conversations and creating content that people actually sit back and watch!”
- Sanderson rounded off the day by sharing his insights into the impacts, consequences and opportunities the latest industry trends are creating for PR professionals.
- He concluded that technology is creating fantastic opportunities for PR professionals. But the industry needs to innovate and take full advantage of the latest innovations in order to create bold campaigns that capture the imagination of consumers.