To help position Young’s Seafood’s Gastro range as the perfect partner to Valentine’s Date Night, Kazoo sent a barbershop quartet to surprise and serenade journalists, complete with personalised ditties and a luxury hamper for their very own Young’s date night.
The aim of the campaign was to:
- Promote Young’s Gastro range as the perfect partner to Valentine’s Date Night
- Make noise on social media with creative and visual deliveries to media
- Strengthen relationships with key journalists and publications
We devised PR activity that delivered the concept of ‘date night’ to our key journalists contacts. We wanted to gift them ingredients for their very own date nights to enjoy at home, but knew that around Valentine’s Day there would be stiff competition to stand out from the crowd.
Therefore, we needed to ensure the delivery was creative and memorable. Our approach was to create personal content which brought date night to life and would surprise and delight the contacts.
Our luxurious deliveries took the form of hampers with champagne, chocolates and of course, Young’s Gastro products. We also conducted social listening on our media targets to tease out their likes, dislikes and personal interests which we could then bring to life.
We crafted date night ‘love poems’ for each of them, incorporating these passion points and injecting cheeky humour into the writing, sometimes mentioning partners (or even pets) names.
To serenade the journalists in an eye-catching delivery we employed a barbershop quartet dressed in black tie to sing the personalised love poems in front of colleagues and drop off their Young’s date night hampers.
We visited eight media outlets with our singing sensations and made a huge impact in front of their colleagues and offices. The personalised content and humour made the deliveries really memorable for the media and served to strengthen relationships with these key publications for Young’s.
The journalists were encouraged to post about their delivery on Twitter and Instagram, ensuring we could then have interaction with them from the Young’s social channels.
- Theme of ‘Date Night’ brought directly to life and reflected all other lines of activity and messaging
- Eight social posts from deliveries with an engagement rate of 4%
- Relationships strengthened with food editors at titles including Sunday Mirror, Good Housekeeping, Daily Mail and The Sun, and coverage secured in Closer for the Gastro products
- Got a cracking campaign with impressive results that you’d like to showcase? If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org